Contact: Danielle DelMonte
Fifth annual Buffalo Beer Week returns to Western New York for largest celebration of craft beer brewing in region’s history
AMHERST, NY – Buffalo Beer Week will once again dominate the local craft beer scene as the 10-day celebration returns for its fifth year. Running from Thursday, September 25th – Sunday, October 5th, 2014 Buffalo Beer Week will feature dozens of unique events at bars, pubs, restaurants, breweries, and other craft beer destinations throughout the Buffalo Niagara region, including many breweries that have opened over the last few months.
Multiple venues throughout Amherst and Williamsville will host several key Beer Week events, including:
Pizza Plant (7770 Transit Road, Williamsville)
- · Friday, 9/28-9/29 from 6pm-12am – “Roll out the barrels” featuring a stellar lineup of “barrel-aged” beers on sale individually or by the Flight.
- · Wednesday-Thursday, 10/1-10/2 from 6pm-12am – Dogfish Head Ancient Ales & Foods; complete lineup of Dogfish Head Ancient Ales on tap.
Brennan’s Bowery Bar (4401 Transit Road, Williamsville)
- · Tuesday, 9/30 from 6-10pm – Smoked, Sours and Oddballs Beer Tasting; smoked favorites, a diverse selection of sours and some odd brews thrown in for fun.
Santora’s Pizzeria on Transit (3440 Transit Rd., Depew)
- · Tuesday, 9/30 5-7pm – Resurgence Tapping (sponge candy stout & fall saison)
Williamsville Village Beer Week Tour de Pub (Williamsville Village)
- · Sunday, 10/5, 12pm-5pm – Village pub crawl includes stops include Pizza Plant (Walker), Brioso, Glen Park Tavern, The Irishman, Creekview, Sorrentinos, and Eagle House. $5. Proceeds benefits March of Dimes.
“Since its inception in 2007, Buffalo Beer Week has become one of the most highly anticipated craft beer celebrations in the region and the various events continue to bring visitors from across Upstate New York, Southern Ontario, Ohio and Pennsylvania to Western New York,” said Willard Brooks, chairman of the Buffalo Niagara Brewers Association. “Successful growing festivals like Buffalo Beer Week and our first Buffalo Brewers Festival this past summer are unique ways we are celebrating the rebirth of craft brewing in the Buffalo Niagara region as well as successfully promoting the region as a destination for beer enthusiasts from all over the world.”
For more information about all of the great events taking place during Buffalo Beer Week, please visit www.buffalobeerweek.com.