Buffalo became “the Atlantic’s back door” when the Erie Canal opened for business 191 years ago on Oct. 26, 1825.
tramadol online pharmacyambien online pharmacybuy ambien online no prescription buy tramadol online without prescription buy tramadol without prescription buy valium online without prescription buy ambien no prescription ultram online without prescription
The village of Buffalo was a town of about 2,400 at the time. When a ceremonial start to the digging of the canal in Buffalo was held in 1823, everyone in the town and surrounding villages like Black Rock and Buffalo Plains (now both a part of the City of Buffalo) was invited to come celebrate. They were also asked to bring their tools and plow animals.buy adipex online without prescription
The effort was a community one. A group of men from the Buffalo Plains — now the area along Main Street from Niagara Falls Boulevard to Sisters Hospital — drove a team of 12 oxen down to the area that is now Canalside to start digging.ultram online no prescription
A little more than two years later, on Oct. 26, 1825, the entire town poured back into that same area for the gala opening of this marvel of modern engineering.buy adipex without prescription
Gov. DeWitt Clinton and Sen. Samuel Wilkeson — whose work in dredging Buffalo Harbor made the entire event possible, climbed aboard “The Seneca Chief” bound for New York City at exactly 10 a.m. They took with them a ceremonial jug of water pulled from Lake Erie.buy ambien online without prescription
The Seneca Chief and Gov. Clinton arrived in New York City on Nov. 4, 1825. That ceremonial jug of Lake Erie water was poured into the Atlantic for the wedding of the waters and Buffalo’s fate was sealed as the east’s last stop on the way to the American West.