Would You Want a Cell Tower Pole in Your Yard
The wireless industry is currently lobbying to streamline the deployment of small cell infrastructure at both the FCC and state level. A Docket , WT-16-421 “Streamlining Deployment of Small cell Infrastructure” is currently open for comment until March 8, 2017. They want to preempt local zoning rules to put a mini cell tower on every residential street. In addition, they are lobbying the states. Ohio has already passed a bill and states like Florida and Virginia have bills pending. I did not check every state, but if it hasn’t been filed yet it will be soon.
We need tens of thousands of comments from regular citizens to make any impact. If not, you will have these small cells deployed down every residential street in America at intervals of 300-500 feet. Some may be just antennas affixed to the existing light pole or utility pole on your property – others may be a 65-foot tower placed on your front lawn. It will all depend on what the wireless industry says it needs, not based on YOUR CONSENT. See page 25 of this presentation put out by Maryland and imagine this on your front lawn. https://docs.google.com/
presentation/d/1AIuFrpBNIKrkAX FNwGO-b5r2ZL_RM-y2VHGCAmHEE5s/ edit#slide=id.g17352ee0d0_0_52
We HAVE TO do BETTER! We have to mobilize NOW. Comments will close in just a few short weeks – March 8, 2017.
It is VERY EASY to submit a short comment as a citizen. It is not necessary to write a book. Here are simple instructions:
- Go to this web page – https://www.fcc.gov/ecfs/sea
rch/filings?limit=25&offset=0& proceedings_name=16-421&sort=d ate_disseminated,DESC
- On the left-hand side, you will see under “Filters” a gray box – Docket 16-421. At the bottom of that gray box, you will see in blue “+New Filing/+Express”. If you wish to submit documents. Click on “+New Filing”. If you wish to just make a short comment, click on +Express.
- A new window will open for you to place your name, address, etc as well as your comments or files. Check the box for e-mail confirmation. When you are finished click “Continue to review screen”.
- Review your comment and then hit “Submit”.
- Please note that your comment will not post instantaneously, it takes a day or two depending on volume.
If you don’t know what to write, then just write the following:
- I strongly oppose this proposal to preempt local zoning control over the siting of small cells on my property. Please deny this petition.
- The FCC has been grossly negligent in its duties to ensure safety. The FCC should not promote the deployment of 5G technologies and infrastructure until they complete their work on Docket 13-84, Reassessing RF emission guidelines, and also receive the final results of the NTP rat study later this year.
- The wireless industry adamantly opposes being regulated but they are requesting privileges (access to rights of way on our properties) that are reserved for regulated utilities. And they seem to want such privileges for little or no cost. This is an outrage and should not be tolerated.
- STAY OUT OF MY FRONT/BACKYARD!